|Approved||May 10, 2010|
|Revised||February 5, 2020|
- Use of Alcoholic Beverages Approval Required: Alcoholic beverages may be permitted in College buildings or on College grounds only under special approval by the President.
- ABC Permits: A Limited Special Occasion Permit or a Special One-Time Permit for the Sale of Alcoholic Beverages must be secured by the applicant from the North Carolina ABC Commission for any event where alcoholic beverages are served. ABC Permits must be presented to the College no less than 48 hours prior to the event. A copy of the permit must be displayed during the event.
- Security: For any event where alcohol is served, two uniformed law enforcement officers must be present on the premises of the event. The College may require additional officers depending on the event details. The applicant shall pay the full cost of providing such officers,and any applicable administrative fees.
- Liability Insurance: When serving alcohol, the applicant must provide proof of at least a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy naming Blue Ridge Community College as an additional insured in which the carrier agrees to defend, save harmless, and indemnify the College from all financial loss, damage, or harm arising out of the dispensing of alcoholic beverages. A copy of the certificate of insurance must be received by the College no less than ten days prior to the event.
- Service of Alcoholic Beverages: The following regulations shall apply:
- Alcoholic beverages may be served only by and to adults age 21 or older. The applicant is required to ensure that all servers take precautions to ensure guests are not served inappropriate amounts of alcohol and to further ensure that no one under the age of 21 is served.
- All alcoholic beverages must be served and consumed only in the area in which the ABC permit is posted.
- All alcoholic beverage distribution will be under the control of a bartender and/or caterer. Such distribution will be discontinued for a patron or an entire event at the discretion of an official of the College, the bartender, or a security officer on duty.
- Common source containers without an individual server through a licensed and bonded caterer (e.g., kegs, alcoholic punches, etc.) are prohibited. Brown bagging is prohibited.
- The caterer or applicant (lessee or event sponsor) must arrange to obtain the alcoholic beverages and transport them to and from the College facility.
- This procedure was adopted to enhance economic development efforts in the Blue Ridge Community College service area and to promote specific cultural or promotional events. No state or local tax dollars may be used to acquire or serve alcoholic beverages.