|February 15, 2016
- Purchases of supplies, equipment, or services shall be processed by submitting an e-requisition through e-procurement. An authorized e-requisition is one which bears the signature of the President or Vice President of the respective area.
- Blue Ridge Community College shall use e-procurement vendors in all possible cases.
- Blue Ridge Community College shall utilize state term contracts in all possible cases.
- The capital asset benchmark is $5,000 including sales tax and freight. Assets costing below $5,000 are expensed, not capitalized, nor depreciated for financial reporting purposes. The System Office has designed data processing and networking equipment, servers, computers, laptops, portable projectors, I-pads and other tablets and guns as high risk. High risk assets are expensed, not capitalized, nor depreciated for financial reporting purposes. However, they will be assigned a bar code number for inventory as Colleges must have the ability to keep track of high risk non-capitalized equipment.
- Finance will issue purchase orders. The purchase order will serve as authorization to commit college funds. No purchase shall be made by any employee without the prior issuance of a purchase order unless the employee has been issued a procurement card.