|Revised||May 9, 2022|
An employee may be granted Educational Leave with Pay (“leave”) provided all of the following conditions are met:
- The employee must be performing at the "satisfactory" level and have no active disciplinary actions.
- The employee has submitted the appropriate leave application.
- If the employee wants to remain in paid status, they will exhaust personal or vacation leave; if not, they will apply for leave without pay.
- The employee is employed full-time on a 9, 10, 11, or 12-month basis and has been employed by the College for a minimum of three years.
- The leave does not exceed eighty (80) hours during the leave period in any twelve (12) month period.
- Leave must be approved in the following order: the immediate supervisor, Vice President and President.
- The employee intends to return to the College the full year following the leave.
- An employee pursuing course work toward an advanced degree must attend an accredited institution.
- The College’s needs must take priority over any employee’s requested work schedule adjustments. Depending on the employee’s request and any supervisory recommendations, the College may impose additional conditions as needed and based on the situation.
- Requests for the leave are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Multiple requests in the same department are considered individually based on impact to the work area. Prior to the leave being granted, the appropriate Vice President must ensure that the employee’s duties and responsibilities are to be adequately performed during the employee’s absence.
- Requests for leave must be submitted in a timely manner for planning purposes, preferably during the budgeting process or 180-days prior to the leave request.
- Employees may be considered for additional leave after completing two (2) consecutive years of employment subsequent to the completion of the prior leave.
- Employee shall provide verification of completion of course(s) taken (e.g., letters, certificates, transcripts, etc.).
- Requests which do not meet the criteria for leave may be addressed in Policy 3.7.6- Leave Without Pay.