|Approved||September 22, 2014|
|Reviewed||January 11, 2021|
Blue Ridge Community College strives to make its campuses safe and welcoming learning environments. Pursuant to federal law, the College shall afford all sexual assault victims certain basic rights:
- Accuser and accused must have the same opportunity to have others present during disciplinary hearings;
- Both parties shall be informed of the outcome of any disciplinary proceeding;
- Sexual assault victims shall be informed of their options to notify law enforcement;
- Sexual assault victims shall be notified of counseling services; and
- Sexual assault victims shall be notified of options for changing academic and living situations.