|Approved||December 14, 2020|
- Student Records
The College is required to maintain, at a minimum, current, complete and accurate records to show the following:
- An application for admission that includes the student's educational and personal background, age and other personal characteristics.
- Progress and attendance including date entered, dates attended, subjects studied and class schedule. This record shall be in a form which permits accurate preparation of transcripts of education records for purpose of transfer and placement, providing reports to government services or agencies or for such other purposes as the needs of the student might require. Such transcripts shall be in a form understandable by lay persons and educators alike. The grading system on such transcripts shall be explained on the transcript form. Subjects appearing on the transcripts shall be numbered or otherwise designated to indicate the subject matter covered.
- All student enrollment agreements, which shall include at a minimum, the program of study, program tuition and fees, date programs are to begin, time period covered by the tuition payment and statement of or reference to the College's tuition refund policy.
- All student account ledgers, which shall include at a minimum, monies owed and paid by each student, and refunds issued by the College.
- A copy of the student’s high school transcript or certificate of high school equivalency or a signed, notarized attestation of either graduation from a public or private high school that operates in compliance with State or local law, graduation from a state registered home high school, or receipt of a certificate of high school equivalency, if the student provides the school with written evidence of the student’s inability to obtain a copy of the student’s high school transcript or certificate of high school equivalency or, for persons at least 18 years old who did not graduate from a public, private or state registered home high school or obtain a certificate of high school equivalency, demonstration of an ability to benefit as determined by any test instrument approved by the Department of Education.
- Inspection by State Board of Community Colleges
- Students’ records shall be open for inspection by properly authorized State Board officials.
- The College’s financial records shall be open for inspection by properly authorized State Board officials.
Legal Reference: 2A SBCCC 400.11