3.3.2 Employee Agreements and Contracts - Part-time Non-instructional Employees and Part-time Instructional Employees
|Revised||November 9, 2012|
|Reviewed||April 19, 2021|
- Part-time Non-instructional Employees:
- Part-time non-instructional employees are employed as authorized by the President, subject to standards established by the College.
- A written employment agreement is issued which indicates at-will employment for a specific purpose with a specific amount of pay. This agreement is neither binding nor enforceable as an employment contract. Part-time non-instructional employees can be terminated at any time for any reason.
- Part-time Instructional Employees:
- The contract for part-time instructional employees will be completed by designated personnel in each instructional division. The completed contract is signed by the part-time instructional employee and the respective division personnel before being submitted to the Business Office for payment.
- Part-time instructional employees being compensated on a per-hour basis, who miss classes due to emergency closings of the College and do not make up actual time, will have their compensation adjusted accordingly.
- In the event a course is canceled, the part-time instructional employee Dean will be responsible for amending or canceling the contract copy and submitting it to the Business Office to stop or alter payment for the course.
- The designated personnel and the Business Office will review and verify part-time payroll prior to processing.
Blue Ridge Community College Policies and Procedures Manual